PC refusing to start up

kushnaker 21:50 14 Aug 08

This is a bit of a strange problem, when my PC is off and i press the power button to switch it on nothing seems to happen at first, then i notice that the power button flashes every ten seconds or so, but it is all dead quiet no sound, nothing. No matter how many times i press the power button nothing changes even if i unplug it from the socket and plug it back in it continues to flash. Then after about half an hour all the lights on the front of the PC light up and all switch off again. After this i can just press the power button and it all switches on perfectly fine, as though there was nothing wrong, while the PC is on there seems to be no problems everything runs nice and smooth.

These problems arose about a week after I installed a new DVD drive and firewire port but i find it difficult to believe they were the cause of this as it was fine in between.

If any of you have any ideas i would really appreciate it, its more an annoyance than anything else, having to wait for no apparent reason while my computer does god knows what.

If you need any more info just ask but thats pretty much all i can think of for now. Thanks guys.

skidzy 21:58 14 Aug 08

" These problems arose about a week after I installed a new DVD drive and firewire port but i find it difficult to believe they were the cause of this as it was fine in between. "

It maybe possible your psu is underpowered,time for an upgrade maybe.

scotty 10:59 15 Aug 08

It sounds as if the computer is going into a suspend or hibernate mode and is not able to come out of this mode until it has reached a time limit where it powers down. Try disabling these options (Control Panel / Power Options).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…