pc refuses to boot

beeredup 19:19 02 Oct 04

hi all
been having a few problems with my desktop when i got to boot the system up all the drive lights come on and the drie trays will open if pressed and the hdd is running (hdd lights flickers as normal) and all the fans are running (new 600w psu) but the monitor does not come on i have tried the monitor on my laptop and it works fine (i have even tried a second monitor) so far i have replaced the graphics card for a 9800 pro and i have got a new motherboard today (friends recomendation) and its still the same so what would you lads say was next to be suspected as dead i have a xp2400 cpu and 512 ddr ram and a matrox 80 hdd with 2 cd drives on the system

stalion 19:28 02 Oct 04

Have you checked that your memory sticks are ok?

beeredup 21:38 02 Oct 04

not tried the memory yet was one of the things i was goin to try
will try that now an post results

beeredup 21:46 02 Oct 04

no just tried the memory in my older pc and its working finei have 2xpc2100 256mb ddr

oakwood 11:46 25 Nov 04

Did you manage to sort this problem.

I am having the same problem & would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Carpigiani 12:24 25 Nov 04

This could be too simple, but have you tried a new power lead for the monitor.

georgemac 13:09 25 Nov 04

new psu - new motherboard - why the new psu?

does the new motherboard require the 4 pin 12 volt power lead to be attached to power the cpu?

are there any beeps at all when you power up the system?

try doing a cmos reset with the board powered off?

only fit cpu, ram and graphics card and try to boot like this - see if the board will post, or at least beep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…