PC reboots and wont work till morning.

nd33cfc 11:57 29 Aug 05

This may sound strange and its really getting on my nerves now.

My PC re-boots on its own accord when i am playing games late at night. After it has re-booted itself, however, my PC will not work properly and i need to swith off and retire for the night. However, it works fine in the morning again.

Looking at the event viewer i see the following entries :- "LoadPerf" many times. When i search for help the support centre tells me the following :-"Unloading the performance counter strings for service %1!s! (%2!s!) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.". It also says the registry might be corrupted, but i run "CCleaner" so i assume this fixes my registry. All other scans reveal no problems.

For info i run with the following :-

Windows XP Pro (SP2). Adaware. Microsoft Antispy. Zone Alarm. A2. Norton Antivirus. CCleaner.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:14 29 Aug 05

"My PC re-boots on its own accord when i am playing games late at night. After it has re-booted itself, however, my PC will not work properly and i need to swith off and retire for the night. However, it works fine in the morning again."

This sounds very much like a heat problem, heavy load game playing but works ok when cooled down.

Check your temperatures with Everest Home Edition click here

nd33cfc 15:19 29 Aug 05

I have now downloaded "Everest Home Edition" and checked the temperature under "normal" working conditions (not playing games).

Motherboard - 38. CPU - 64 and Samsung SP0802N 33.

I played my game for 20 minutes and checked the temperature again.

Motherboard - 42. CPU - 67 and Samsung 35.

As you can see, the temperature is indeed rising while i am playing my game.

Can anyone now suggest a method of cooling my PC down ?

My PC is mounted inside a computer desk. I have drilled several 20mm holes in the back panel to allow better air circulation. Should i purchase a fan to mount close to my tower, or purchase better internal fans ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:34 29 Aug 05

case fans

1 at front sucking in, 1 at rear blowing out.

click here

couple of quid each at your local computer shop.

nd33cfc 15:54 01 Sep 05

I have successfully fitted 2 case fans as suggested. The result is an impressive 8 degree drop in all my components.

My PC has been running well so far, so i am confident this has solved my problems with rebooting.

Thank you for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009