pc reboots when operating system comes up

abe300 00:03 26 Aug 03

I have a 2.0 celeron processor on xcaliber motherboard/windows xp/problem followed my hard drive to my other pc/now it resets also/cant acc cd rom to reinstall windows/

AndySD 01:02 26 Aug 03

I am a little confused.... You have moved the hard drive to a new PC ?

Is it set as the master or slave?

abe300 17:18 26 Aug 03

Hard drive was moved to other pc as a master on 2nd IDE bus/not the boot up master cd rom is slave on 1st IDE/problem moved to new pc and seems to be infecting hard drive as well as stays with motherboard/because this hdd was corrupted from previous motherboard

abe300 17:32 26 Aug 03

worked with my 2nd pc/300m celeron with windows xp 256m ram pc some this morning/scan disk is finding corrupt files on disk and freezes up before completing test/if it gets past scan disk it resets/ i have 2 pc's and 3 hdd corrupted/would appreciate any suggestions

hugh-265156 17:34 26 Aug 03

the hard drive, if it contains an operating system and drivers from a previous mobo,will need to be formatted before transfering to another pc.then reinstall windows on it.you will need a cdrom though.

abe300 21:46 26 Aug 03

harddrive was not moved to pc to start pc but to be reformatted/it took down my other hdd upon restart, need to find out how to clear hdd and motherboard of corruption/preferably without distroying all my stored doc and files/

abe300 21:50 26 Aug 03

I cant access cd rom because i can't get up to windows operating system before system resets/don't have start up floppy for xp for either pc/

abe300 01:05 27 Aug 03

got setup disk's from windows website, hopefully i can boot up to reinstall xp, are ther any suggestions? This is a real puzzle

hector allan 01:20 27 Aug 03

Without switching of my pc and checking , I think if you press f8 while booting you should get a screen asking if you want to boot from floppy or cd insert your recovery disk and pick your option....................................

abe300 17:04 27 Aug 03

Tried doing setup from floppy on both pc's and am getting hidusb.sys corrupt file and it resets when you hit a key again and stops the set up/reformatted hdd with a maxtor hd install disk and reattempted install of xp setup disk's and again got the same error hidusb.sys corrupt file

abe300 01:38 28 Aug 03

Still hoping for suggestions hate to have to take both pc's to be fixed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…