PC REBOOTING FOR NO REASON

HI , I,M RUNNING WINDOWSXP FOR SOME REASON MY PC HAS JUST STARTED REBBOTING ITSELF FOR NO REASON , I HAVE,NT DOWNLOADED ANYTHING , ANY IDEA,S PLEASE

NEIL

DieSse 17:49 15 Jan 03

Give us a clue then

Once every 5 mins? - once a week? - only when you switch on? - only after several hours? - when you open a specific program? - when you're working on it? - when it's idle? - when you're on the net? or what?

internetevil 18:24 15 Jan 03

by default you pc will restart instead of giving blue screen of death, this may be what is happening , you can disable this and you will then get a stop error that you can check on ms web site ....
to disable the auto restart
right click on "my computer"
go to properties
click on the "advanced"
there is a section marked "starup and recovery" click on the settings for that
and then untick where it says automaicly restart, then click apply and then restart to acept those changes, ...
instead of restarting will give you error screen to help you track down the error....

Newuser38 19:07 15 Jan 03

click here this thread may help when you follow 'Internetevil's' post. Good Luck.

Ranger 19:53 15 Jan 03

If you have Broadband and are using a Alcatel usb modem make sure you have the latest drivers as my PC exhibited the same problem when I didn't have the latest drivers installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…