pc reboot problems

redxiii 00:13 05 Feb 03

hi my pc keeps rebooting when ever it feels like it ,you can be doing anything and the pow off goes the pc back to the boot up screen , ive done a virus cheeck no virus, i have tryed differnt hardrives , graphic cards , taken out one of my memmory , and still does it , i have a amd atholn 1.2 processer ,runing win 98 2nd ed , my cpu temp is 52 . any help plz many thanks inadvance

marc...

cream. 00:33 05 Feb 03

redxiii

You could try taking the sides off the case and then booting up. Even get a fan to blow into the system.

See if this drops the cpu temp. Boot up and run and see if it is stable.

If not then you will probably know that it's not a heat issue.

What size is your psu rated at, in watts?

cream. 00:34 06 Feb 03

E-mail message from
redxiii

"230w power supply ,ive got a blower inside as well."

I would think that this is underpowered.

A better psu? 300w or better.

Peter C 00:52 06 Feb 03

I have a 1 month old computer!
P4 2.53Ghz
512 RAM
Windows XP

When I shut down the computer and choose TURN OFF, 9 times out of 10, it restarts! Anyone know what's up here?
Also, it takes ages to start up and restart, which surely shouldn't be the case with this computer!

Out of interest, XP users, how long roughly does it take you to restart your computer? From clicking RESTART to your desktop actually being back up and ready to use?

Switcher 00:56 06 Feb 03

Try disconnecting your reset switch if you have one.

Old PC man 13:35 06 Feb 03

There has been a thread about this referring to XP, but as you are using Win 98 I guess that is why you haven't read it.

I strongly reccommend you read this information before doing anything else. click here

John /#))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…