PC in re-boot cycle - HELP!!

tnucboy 11:08 01 Jun 05

my pc crashed, so rebooted & now it jus boots to safe mode screen with the 4 options. no matter what 1 you pick it gets to the xp sign 4 2 seconds then it re-boots and the cycle carries on,i cant find the xp repair disk i created in xp, i still have xp install disk. i dont want to re-install xp as there are files on my desktop i need. Can any1 help?? thanks

Al94 11:45 01 Jun 05

Try unplugging all peripherals and start again - had that problem once - it was down to a diver conflict for a USB wireless device

Try unplugging all peripherals and start again - had that problem once - it was down to a diver conflict for a USB wireless device

Try unplugging all peripherals and start again - had that problem once - it was down to a driver conflict for a USB wireless device

Al94 11:46 01 Jun 05

sorry bout that!

tnucboy 15:45 05 Jun 05

I have tryed to re-boot with all peripherals unplugged, still did not help. so i installed repair consol from win xp disk & ran scandisk prog, it came back with the following result:
windows has shut down caus; a prob wiv the following file: partmgr.sys then:
DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

can any1 help on how to restore above file and get my pc to re-boot again???

thanks in advance

VoG II 15:51 05 Jun 05

I would try a repair click here

This won't affect your files, only Windows files.

tnucboy 16:32 05 Jun 05

i will try the repair option, n let u no it goes!!

tnucboy 07:02 06 Jun 05

ive tried the repair option from the xp disk, it checked the h/drive & i got a message saying its not formatted for windows??? i do not want to format as i have data on the desktop. any other ideas?

Catastrophe 07:55 06 Jun 05

Do you have access to another HDD from which to boot? Then use your present HDD as slave to recover data.

tnucboy 08:15 06 Jun 05

No, the only way i can do is to remove & put in a friends pc as a slave HD. but its the time n agro of doin it, wanted to sort out & copy to a usb external HD then re-intall xp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…