PC random resets.

Benito69 19:05 18 Dec 09

Hi, my PC has started randomly resetting, not crashing, just resetting, giving no clue as to a 'problem'. I've since tested the memory with no problems and now, significantly, have booted into safe mode with no problems. In safe mode everything is fine. So, it seems to be a software or driver problem. My question is, how best to proceed from here to test, say, the drivers? Any advice welcome. Cheers.

Sea Urchin 19:12 18 Dec 09

Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean it is rebooting itself as you are working? Which operating system are you using?

woodchip 19:15 18 Dec 09

right click my computer them manage\event viewer

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:36 18 Dec 09

Auto-reboot disable:
When Running windows and it crashes you will get a blue screen and it will automatically restart, often it will restart too fast for you to see the error message.
To disable auto restart on system failure, so you can see the error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

Benito69 17:55 19 Dec 09

Thanks for the tips, it doesn't give any blue screen, just resets, and the event viewer gives no clue. It does seem I have solved it just by stopping most non-essential progs from starting up... one of them must be doing something weird. I will see if it has been solved... Cheers.

DieSse 19:24 19 Dec 09

I once had an old HP AIO printer driver that did that to a system. Otherwise you'll just have to go through things one at a time, as you rightly surmise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac