PC Purchase

Legslip 28 Dec 11

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes. My pals PC is about 8 years old and low spec by todays standards. He wishes to buy a new desktop PC for about £500. He is happy with his current monitor. Given that it is Jan Sales time can anyone recommend who is doing a good deal on a PC for this price?

KRONOS the First 28 Dec 11

Would help to know want the main use of the PC will be?

Legslip 28 Dec 11

Not a gaming machine! Just general emailing, web use, Word Processing etc

Woolwell 28 Dec 11

Have a look at John Lewis. They have Acer's at around the £400 mark.

The Kestrel 28 Dec 11

Links below to two good offers from Ebuyer on Zoostorm PCs. The first has integrated graphice hence lower price. Second has a 1GB dedicated graphics card.

http://www.ebuyer.com/282573-zoostorm-premium-desktops-pc-7873-0287

http://www.ebuyer.com/282606-zoostorm-premium-desktop-pc-7873-0288

Legslip 28 Dec 11

Thanks people. Some useful suggestions. The Zoostorm looks tremendous value but I'm a bit unsure of the quality. Fink I'll opt for the Acer X3990 i5, 4gb, 1tb HD at £429 John Lewis.

Woolwell 28 Dec 11

It has onboard graphics but for general use that should be fine. It's not a game player. Note no speakers or monitor included. Will your friend be using the old ones? If the monitor is also old it may be time to invest in a new one of those too.

Woolwell 28 Dec 11

It has onboard graphics but for general use that should be fine. It's not a game player. Note no speakers or monitor included. Will your friend be using the old ones? If the monitor is also old it may be time to invest in a new one of those too.

Legslip 28 Dec 11

Thanks, he has a reasonable monitor & keyboard. He won't be playing any games either. It sounds fairly future proof.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message