PC Purchase

Legslip 12:01 28 Dec 11

Not sure if this is the place to ask but here goes. My pals PC is about 8 years old and low spec by todays standards. He wishes to buy a new desktop PC for about £500. He is happy with his current monitor. Given that it is Jan Sales time can anyone recommend who is doing a good deal on a PC for this price?

KRONOS the First 12:23 28 Dec 11

Would help to know want the main use of the PC will be?

Legslip 12:29 28 Dec 11

Not a gaming machine! Just general emailing, web use, Word Processing etc

Woolwell 12:58 28 Dec 11

Have a look at John Lewis. They have Acer's at around the £400 mark.

The Kestrel 14:44 28 Dec 11

Links below to two good offers from Ebuyer on Zoostorm PCs. The first has integrated graphice hence lower price. Second has a 1GB dedicated graphics card.

http://www.ebuyer.com/282573-zoostorm-premium-desktops-pc-7873-0287

http://www.ebuyer.com/282606-zoostorm-premium-desktop-pc-7873-0288

Legslip 15:18 28 Dec 11

Thanks people. Some useful suggestions. The Zoostorm looks tremendous value but I'm a bit unsure of the quality. Fink I'll opt for the Acer X3990 i5, 4gb, 1tb HD at £429 John Lewis.

Woolwell 16:15 28 Dec 11

It has onboard graphics but for general use that should be fine. It's not a game player. Note no speakers or monitor included. Will your friend be using the old ones? If the monitor is also old it may be time to invest in a new one of those too.

Woolwell 16:15 28 Dec 11

It has onboard graphics but for general use that should be fine. It's not a game player. Note no speakers or monitor included. Will your friend be using the old ones? If the monitor is also old it may be time to invest in a new one of those too.

Legslip 23:09 28 Dec 11

Thanks, he has a reasonable monitor & keyboard. He won't be playing any games either. It sounds fairly future proof.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…