Pc Project

Hrosir 22:51 23 Feb 04

I am planning to build my first pc from scratch and would welcome any ideas as to which motherboard to use with an AMD XP2800 Chip. There are so many out there and all seem to have a good and a bad side I am finding it difficult to make a decision. I would like to have as many options as possible so as to reduce the risk of the board being outdated in the next couple of months; I have seen an Asus board which seems to suit but I can only go on the reports given.

: : Radioactive Frog : : 22:55 23 Feb 04

it often comes down to

personal preference
How much £££ u got etc

but im not too keen on Asus, i swear by Abit and MSI as they have served me well for many years so i would look at those brands in my opinion.

As for the model it really does depend on the things above, it is probably best to look around and find a few boards that suit the spec you wanna build and how much u wanna spend and ask about them, otherwise you are likely to get a respnse with hundreds of different boards and be just as lost !!

Hope that helps

RF

woodchip 23:01 23 Feb 04
  Indigo 1 23:09 23 Feb 04

click here

Probably the best mobo for Athlon XP chips.

Anyone disagree ?

woodchip 23:18 23 Feb 04

Check reviews click here

dazzling (work) 23:25 23 Feb 04

i use an abit motherboard it was very easy to set up and has given me no problems so far.one thing to consider if like me you have a lot of drives it may be worth considering a raid board as you get an extra 2 ide channels.this may not seem important but if you have a dvd rom cd writer a dvd writer and one harddrive there is no more room for exspansion unless you use firewire or usb which ismore costly or an add in card which will takeaway a pci slot.darren

Hrosir 23:35 23 Feb 04

This is the motherboard I have considered as it has a very reasonable asking price from Mesh Computers. I plan to use it with an AMD2800XP Chip and aim to add a dvd writer +cd drive

dazzling (work) 23:48 23 Feb 04

you may want to consider these offers at ebuyer may be of some use to you click here good luck with build darren

dan boy 08:17 24 Feb 04

really good board. I've got one, no probs. Just make sure it has all the feautures you want.

click here

slimbo51 08:22 24 Feb 04

I always prefer the Abit M/Board.

Currently using the NF7, Found it to be very stable.

But like anything, each person will have their own preference based on experience and usage.

Good Luck in your choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…