PC Processor beeping at me

opta55 20:23 28 Feb 06

When I run a Norton scan my PC beeped at me every couple of seconds. It has now started to do this for the majority of the time even when Norton is not running & I am not connected to the Internet via broadband. Are there any settings I can turn off to stop this?

keith-236785 20:41 28 Feb 06

this could be a warning of your processor reaching a higher temerature than it likes most often caused by the cooling fan failing or the heatsink becoming so clogged up with dust that the fan is not able to cool the proc.

you need to open the case and power on the pc, see if the fan over the proc is spinning and if it is spinning freely. if not then a new fan will be needed.

this could happen when running a scan because of the extra cpu usage. the fact that it is happening more leads me to think it is the dust issue but check it or get it checked out before the cpu fries altogether.

of course i could be wrong but its a good place to start.

good luck

Gongoozler 20:54 28 Feb 06

MBM 5 will tell you what temperature your processor is running at click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…