PC probs

The Dazza 13:39 29 Aug 05

I cannot boot my pc. When I switch it on I just get a blank screen and the tower's lights are on but doesn't seem to do much. Also I cannot open the dvd writer draw, on pressing the button it doesn't do anything. I have changed the power supply and have the same symptoms. My monitor is connected to my pc but doesn't seem to want to come off 'stand by'. It's not the monitor as I have tried a different pc with it. Thanks

THE TERMINATOR 13:51 29 Aug 05

have you tried a different monitor with your pc?

The Dazza 14:06 29 Aug 05

yes, it's not the monitor as it is working on another machine

Technotiger 14:12 29 Aug 05

Hi, just a thought really, but it sounds as if you may have a loose connection or connections somewhere. Trouble is, could be anywhere, inside or outside of your case, including seating of pci boards and mem sticks/drive ribbon cables etc. I think a very thorough check should be made first before trying other things.

Cheers.

The Dazza 14:17 29 Aug 05

Cheers mate, I will have another look in a bit.

Technotiger 14:30 29 Aug 05

Please pardon my ignorance, but what does FAO stand for?

Cheers.

woodchip 14:36 29 Aug 05

Have you tried removing Motherboard Battery to Load BIOS defaults

The Dazza 14:36 29 Aug 05

For the attention of!

Stuartli 14:37 29 Aug 05

For the attention of...

The Dazza 14:38 29 Aug 05

do you mean take it out and reinsert it? If so, no I haven't tried this.

dan11 14:53 29 Aug 05

"Also I cannot open the dvd writer draw,"

Have you tried taking the IDE and power lead from the DVD drive, then try.

re; battery. If you know the make and model of the motherboard, it is usually quicker to clear the cmos jumper on the motherboard, than take the battery out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…