PC Problems.

Fried Lobster 19:22 28 Feb 08

Last week my PC froze whilst playing a game, i restarted it, but ever since there has been NO picure displayed on the screen nothing, except saying there's nothing plugged in. I originally thought there was a problem with the Graphics Card, so i bought a new one, It's NVidia 8500GT. But still nothing is shown.
I've tried; switching 2 VGA cables, then i tried DVI cable, putting RAM in another slot, disabling DVD drive.

So is it now more possible that the problem lies with the motherboard?

Also my motherboard has both AGP and PCIE ports, is it worth spending more money to see if the AGP port works?

Any help much appreciated THANKS!!! =]

woodchip 19:27 28 Feb 08

Sound like Power Supply Problem, but before going out to buy a new one. remove all cables from Drives then see if it will boot to BIOS

Fried Lobster 12:59 02 Mar 08

The only drive i have is DVD drive and i've done that and no luck!
Still nothing displayed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:34 02 Mar 08

The only drive i have is DVD drive

remove power and data cables to hard drives aswell.

Pamy 13:44 02 Mar 08

When you say No picture at all, do you get the normal boot up splash picture?

Pamy 13:59 02 Mar 08

Have you looked at this posters problem? click here

Fried Lobster 19:04 02 Mar 08

When i say no picture i mean NO picture from the PC, just the monitor saying 'no cable is connected'

BRYNIT 19:18 02 Mar 08

May be a silly question but have you tried a different monitor.

woodchip 19:43 02 Mar 08

As above Remove all drive cables, that means all including Hard Drive. Then see if it will show anything on screen. You can shut it down after by just holding the Start button in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…