PC Problems

SUPER_KING 14:06 05 Aug 05

Hi all i have a problem with my pc and i think it is due to a direct x driver, i had the same problem earlier so i installed DirectX 9.0 SDK Update - (April 2005) and DirectX 9.0 SDK Update - (June 2005) which i installed from the microsoft website without any problems. Since i only had 5% free space i uninstalled those two drivers without thinking, now when i go to the microsoft website it asks to validate my windows, so thats fine until it says that it cannot validate windows because i have problems with my internet connection, i know thats not true otherwise i wouldn't be able to post this topic. If i didn't need my P.C for work i would have smashed it up by now.

Any help is greatful

Thanks,

~Aleksanderson~

SUPER_KING 14:09 05 Aug 05

P.S: I have a microsoft xp home edition with service pack 2 and i'm pretty much sure that i definetly have all the required updates and such, i have both an ADSL modem and a Router.

Joe R 14:12 05 Aug 05

SUPER_KING,

I would say that the problem lies with the 5% free space you have left.

A hard drive starts to run slower, usually after 60 - 70% full.

The best thing you could probably do, is do a complete format, and re-install the O/s.

SUPER_KING 15:31 05 Aug 05

yesh, thats what i thought but i'm going to upgrade soon so i cant really be botherd, is their any othe possibility? o_O

Klof Ron 15:36 05 Aug 05

Uninstall anything that you do not need, or use at least once a week, then run a disk defragging utility. This will give you some breathing space until you decide to do the upgrade.

Joe R 15:43 05 Aug 05

SUPER_KING,

can't be 100% certain it would work, but you could try, uninstalling any programs or utilities you never use, back up (if possible) any music/video etc, and download this utility click here and run it immediately, and let it fix all selected problems.

Next, you will have to run a full disk scan, and defrag, before reinstalling directX9.

This may work, and get your system running again, but it will not run at the speed it could.

Joe R 15:44 05 Aug 05

Klof Ron,

sorry 'bout that, I was out of the room for a few minutes, after I started to reply, and missed your posting.:)

SUPER_KING 16:01 05 Aug 05

well i do haive a lot of useless stuff on my P.C, stuff like a half a dozen songs an pics lol :P, let me get rid of them and see what happens. brb

SUPER_KING 16:12 05 Aug 05

out of curiosity how much free space do i need? o_O

SUPER_KING 18:36 05 Aug 05

ok i now have 38% free space, is that ok? and Joe R what would u want me to do with that probram? o_O

woodchip 18:41 05 Aug 05

Yes start clearing out Programs you do not use from Add Remove in Control Panel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…