PC Problems

Nelmon2k 19:37 20 Nov 04

Hi
I've just built a pc. If I turn it on all the fans work and the computer looks like its working. However I can't get it to connect up to a monitor. Has anyone any ideas???
Thanks

Nelmon2k 19:54 20 Nov 04

Sorry thats confusing. My computer turns on when you press the button and everything connected to the power cables works. However I can't view anything on it because the monitor isn't recognising that the computers on. The motherboard and the fans are on definitelly and the problem isn't with the monitor because i've tried to different ones. My monitor is currently connected up through my graphics card not though on board graphics my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 PRO Socket 754 K8T800 Gigabit Lan Firewire 1394 USB2 FSB800 Serial ATA133. And my graphics card is a Hightech ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB TV-Out DVI Retail Box. Thanks

Alf58 19:59 20 Nov 04

Sounds like its a Graphics card problem. Have you checked it is correctly seated im its slot and connecting cables properly attached? You could try using a known working card from another PC to see if that gets you going. You would get some kind of display even if the drivers were the wrong ones or not loaded.

Alf58 20:00 20 Nov 04

Sounds like its a Graphics card problem. Have you checked it is correctly seated im its slot and connecting cables properly attached? You could try using a known working card from another PC to see if that gets you going. You would get some kind of display even if the drivers were the wrong ones or not loaded.

Diodorus Siculus 20:01 20 Nov 04

Are there any beeps?

Nelmon2k 20:08 20 Nov 04

K, there are no beeps.
i've just tryed your suggestion and i've tryed my old 32mb diamond viper card instead. There is still no response. Thanks

smudge101 23:55 20 Nov 04

Check the power connectors from the switches to the motherboard. Especialy the Power on and power reset switches, if these are the wrong way round (or wrong polarity) you could get these faults.
Don't think its graphic card related as you would get the beeps as it enters power on self test.
Anyway, always best to check the simple stuff first.

Glyn-252301 00:43 21 Nov 04

Have you had a look through the bios? just a thought. Regards G.

Glyn-252301 00:46 21 Nov 04

Of cause you haven't! No monitor. Its past my bedtime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…