pc problem

mould 10 Jun 11

will a motherboard boot to bios with out ram

woodchip 10 Jun 11

no

mould 10 Jun 11

i have some ram but evan with it in it dose not but to the bios could it be the wrong ram it is ddr 3 and the motherboard says it takes ddr3

rossgolf 10 Jun 11

You probably have the wrong clock speed then

mould 10 Jun 11

thanks for your help

woodchip 10 Jun 11

Is the Motherboard Setup to the correct CPU speed

mould 10 Jun 11

how would you do that ??? im new to this thanks

gengiscant 11 Jun 11

Do you know what motherboard you have? use this to tell you Belarc in your other post you mention whether the manual will tell you what ram, depends on the motherboard. If you have the manual post the make/model and I will have a look at the RAM issue for you, also there should be a sticker on the RAM giving details of speed et, please post.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11 Jun 11

Reset BIOS to defaults either by using the Clear CMOS jumper or by removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.

To boot to BIOS you need Mboard + cpu + heatsink & fan + 1 stick of RAM + graphics card if separate graphics.

mould 12 Jun 11

my motherboard is asus m4a88t-v evo usb3

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message