Pc and Printers

Jocat 16:38 25 Apr 03

Hi There,

I was hoping someone here would have some advice for me. I have 2 PC's each with a printer, I would really like to access both Printers from My Pc and just let the kids have access to the one on their Pc. Is there anyway that I can achieve this that does not involve networking them together as I do not want to do this, is their any dsvice that will let you do this or I am trying to hard to solve a simple problem.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Jocat

Pesala 19:59 25 Apr 03

I use share two printers on one parellel port with a switch box. You can also buy switches to share one printer between two PCs and USB devices too. Maplins or PC world would probably have what you need. If you tell us whether the printer you want to share is USB or Parallel, then someone can probably tell you exactly what you need.

Jocat 20:13 25 Apr 03

Hi Persala,

Many thanks for your help. The printer that I want to share is currently running on the parellel port of the kids pc, it also has a usb port on it too. I am sure the answer is out there somewhere.

Once again many thanks

Jocat

Sir Radfordin™ 20:17 25 Apr 03

Some printers are happy having a parellel cable plugged in as well as a USB one so you may be able to do that.

If not then a switch box will be the only way forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…