Pc Power Problem

Luca M 19:57 01 Jan 03
  Luca M 19:57 01 Jan 03

I recently brought a Hewlett Packard PC from PC world and when I shut it down and turn the plug off it cuts off the power to the whole house. I never used to do this on my old PC. What do you think is the problem.

VoG™ 19:58 01 Jan 03

Dunno. Take it back.

eddie937 20:01 01 Jan 03

Are you sure its the right switch for the computer and your not fiddling with the mains switch for the house?

Luca M 20:06 01 Jan 03

Yes. I am very sure this is the right switch eddie937 as the mains switch is downstairs and in the garage and my bedroom is up stairs

AMD 4 ever 20:09 01 Jan 03

dodgy PSU!

eddie937 20:12 01 Jan 03

well luca m if i were you i'd either move house or get an electrician around to sort out your problem cos your problem is with the house and not your computer as you have already turned it off!

Luca M 20:14 01 Jan 03

My computer also pops up with the message "PSU service is currently stopped". Could this have anything to do with it?

pypedream 20:18 01 Jan 03

Firstly, are you saying that when you shut the PC down, you lose mains power to everything, or when you switch off at the wall socket?

Is your consumer unit fitted with circuit breakers or fuses and does it have any type of RCD fitted?

Have you tried another appliance in the wall socket? Are you having problems with any other electrical items in the house? It could be an earth leakage problem, are you resetting something back at the consumer unit? Could you try the PC in another wall socket?

pypedream 20:32 01 Jan 03

You didn't mention the message before... yes it could be the problem. Have you still got your old PC, cos' you may need it. How recently did you buy the HP and did it have this effect from day 1? Does this happen every time or is it just occasionally.

Perhaps you should take it back and ask them to check it out, but what concerns me is total loss of power. What's dropping out at the consumer unit end?

Luca M 21:10 01 Jan 03

I have had the Pc 5 days and it only occasionaly cuts out and yes it did cut out from day one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…