PC power up problem

GabrielMoroianu 17:46 28 May 15

Good afternoon sir/madam,

I am writing to you this post because I have a problem with my desktop pc, and i wanted to ask for an opinion.

Apparently, when the pc is plugged in, when I press the power on button, nothing happens (fans won't start turning, and no LEDs), yet the usb appliances are blinking (usb webcam LED blinking, and usb speakers giving a sound, exactly in the same time when the webcam led is blinking).

I disconnected the power supply and connected it to anothet pc, and it is working fine.

Also, i tried connecting several components to the other pc, and they are working.

Recently i have moved the power cord to another wall socket in the house, yet it is strange to me why the power supply did not protect the internal components.

Now, i am suspecting that the culprid might be the motherboard, and luckily for me it is still in warranty so i am thinking that i should tear the pc apart and get the motherboard to it's serivice center.

So can you tell me what do you think about this situation? It would be very helpful for me to hear another opinion.

Thank you, Gabriel

alanrwood 17:54 28 May 15

Are you sure the connectors to the Power switch have not come off. Have you tried reseating the memory sticks. Try a memtest to check that the memory has not gone faulty.

Try connecting the computer back to the original socket in which it worked.

GabrielMoroianu 23:06 28 May 15

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions.

I managed to find the problem: the case frontal usb panel was the culprid. When it is connected to the mainboard, the problem mentioned above still occurs, but when unplugged, the pc works fine.

I tried to plug it in both motherboard's front panel connectors ( to see if they are working) but the same result.

I will probably have to cope without the front usb panels :)

robin_x 23:51 28 May 15

Buy a cheap USB Hub (with a long enough cable or an extra male-female to reach a rear port)

Velcro or BluTak to top of Desktop Unit

faruk89 09:45 29 May 15

Hi, I think you should buy a new laptop of Apple. I have an article on Apple and take decision.

Apple: Best and Worst Laptop Brands 2015 It’s good to be the king — and it’s good for you, too. Apple is simply the best laptop maker when it comes to reviews, performance, tech support, keyboards and touchpads, audio quality and preloaded software. It’s the sixth year in a row that Apple has earned a first-place finish in the Best & Worst Brands report. While some of the designs are getting a little long in the tooth, overall Apple remains the laptop maker to beat. Reviews (20/20) Not surprisingly, Apple remained in the top spot in the reviews category. Although the company sells relatively few laptops — we reviewed just three last year — all are excellent. Two of them, the 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Air, earned Editors’ Choice awards. The 13-inch Air remains one of the best notebooks overall. Tech Support (19/20) The proof is also in the support provided, and Apple is simply at the top of its game when it comes to helping customers. The company’s representatives were quick, friendly and accurate via online chat and phone. Apple.com is well organized and helpful. The only thing holding Apple back from a perfect score is the lack of social networking assistance. Design (11/20) Apple dropped some points in the design category, because the models that debuted during our consideration window didn’t mix things up enough. Aside from shaving off a tenth of an inch here and there, both the MacBook Pro and Air haven’t changed much from 2012. That’s not necessarily a bad thing since nearly every PC maker has a MacBook lookalike on its roster. Let us join in the conversation about technology more at: click here

alanrwood 19:06 29 May 15

faruk89

What a load of absolutely unrelated rubbish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…