pc playing up

fire 17:15 17 Oct 03

i had problems yesterday with what appeared to be a dll file related to nvidia graphics card. all seemed ok last night and turned on today and was fine left running all day came back and it was in standby mode but could not get it out of standby and had to restart pc which then causes xp pro to lock at logo screen. has anybody any ideas i can get into safe mode and device manager doesnt show any hardware faults......????

WaiKent 17:43 17 Oct 03

when you say xp locks what do you mean. on my network computers with xp pro mind you, i press sleep on the keyboard and it standbys and then when i press wakeup it says it is locked and i need password to unlock it so maybe something like that happened.

fire 17:55 17 Oct 03

no matter what i do it wont wake i have switched it off and left it for 10 mins and all is fine i dont know what the hell is causing these problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…