Pc Pitstop XP readiness test problem

woofwoofbark 08:35 11 Nov 05

"BIOS Date 04/30/03 01/01/2000 None
Ready. The BIOS on this system was created after January 1, 2000. In most cases, systems with BIOS software this recent will be able to run Windows XP without problems.

More info
Sort of Ready. The BIOS on this system was created before January 1, 2000. Microsoft has indicated that problems may occur using Windows XP with an older BIOS. You may be able to obtain an update from your vendor "

I run the full tests from pcpitstopdotcom once in a while and it has found a problem with BIOS ??? what does this mean , I have no idea how to configure or even how BIOS works .... I have ran this test in the past and its been ok , i dont understand why the BIOS could have changed

anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it

cheers

geo

Diodorus Siculus 08:39 11 Nov 05

It's not a real problem - you can update your bios if necessary but only _if necessary_ and I don't think you need to do that.

Are you thinking of installing XP? What is your machine specification at the moment?

Diodorus Siculus 08:40 11 Nov 05

By the way, the BIOS is the info that tells the machine what you have connected, what processor you have, what RAM and so on - it is displayed in the lines of text that run when the PC boots up.

woofwoofbark 08:53 11 Nov 05

im am on a AMD Athlon 1400 512 ram a 40 gig hd and another 40 gig hd thats split to read as 2 20 gig hd's NVIDIA Geforce graphics I dont need to reinstall XP HE , the test for xp rediness has always passed will ticks for everything but just a short time ago I ran it again ( i run the full test from pcpitstop once or twice a month ) but in the past its came back as ok , but just now the problem with BIOS appeared out of the blue

cheers

geo

Diodorus Siculus 08:56 11 Nov 05

As I said, it not a real problem - only a matter of interpretation by the test writers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…