pc pitstop xp readiness test ...BIOS ???

woofwoofbark 18:04 14 Nov 05

Hi , I run the pcpitstop full test once or twice a month for peace of mind , its a great test to show everything is running ok ... theres an added test called XP Readiness Test that I also run and for some reason the BIOS result has changed and I dont understand why , All I know about bios is that its a function that reads all the hardware I have connected , or words to that effect ... anyway here is the result of the BIOS ...

"Sort of Ready. Your PC meets minimum hardware requirements for Windows XP, but we recommend upgrading some components. However, none of your software is on our list of applications that may not run properly under Windows XP

BIOS

You have
04/30/03

Recommended
01/01/2000

Bare Minimum
None

Sort of Ready. The BIOS on this system was created before January 1, 2000. Microsoft has indicated that problems may occur using Windows XP with an older BIOS. You may be able to obtain an update from your vendor."

i have ran this xp readiness test a million times in the past and it has always come back with a tick but this time it has given me a question mark , why does it say "The BIOS on this system was created before January 1, 2000" when it also tells me that "You have
04/30/03"

if anyone understands this and what the BIOS is all about I'd be greatfull for any advice , is there a way to correct the bios ??

cheers

geo

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:11 14 Nov 05

Dont worry your BIOS is OK the program is reading the BIOS date as 03 (1903) instead of 2003 and therefore giving you an unnecessary warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…