PC for photo editing

dawnal 15:23 13 May 10

I am considering buying an ACER Aspire X1301 Refurbished Desktop PC from PC World. Can anyone tell me if this would be suitable for photo editing. I currently use Paint Shop Pro X but may upgrade to a later version.
Thanks
Al

MAT ALAN 15:33 13 May 10

I have just found TWO one with 3gigs of memory and one with 4gigs.
Be interested to know how much PCW are askin...

dawnal 15:42 13 May 10

This is the one I've been looking at.

click here

Bagsey 17:40 13 May 10

That machine should be perfectly adequate for your needs. Should you ever run short of storage space a usb hard drive can always be added, but I doubt if that will be necessary for a long time to come.
I would also think that PSP Ver X should also do all you need.

dawnal 18:10 13 May 10

Thanks for the response Bagsey. I like the look of it so I think I'll go for it. I've also been wondering whether it was worth upgrading Paint Shop Pro. Maybe I'll wait a while for that.

littlephoenix 19:52 13 May 10

it would be just fine, but remember that with bigger files, i mean high resolution files, things might act sluggish, unless you have sufficient amount of ram and a fast rendering video card.

my spyware and virus removal blog -> click here

MAT ALAN 20:40 13 May 10

dawnal, sorry didn't answer sooner, choice is not too shabby,Photo and Video editing and encoding are usually more CPU dependent than GPU dependent so the fact your PC has an onboard chip you should still be fine...

dawnal 20:59 13 May 10

Thanks everyone for the replies. As always, this forum is excellent. You've reassured me. I'm going to order it now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…