pc to pc network

FungusBoggieman 02:49 AM 13 May 11

i have set up a home network main desktop pc and two laptops its all running well, my ? is when i transfer files pc to pc over the network , do the file transfer pc to pc or do they use my internet connection ie my bthome hub if so does the amount of data transtered come of my interernet allowece ic 40gb sorry if this sounds stupid but hey im old and new to this so bear with me ok

BurrWalnut 08:56 AM 13 May 11

Don’t concern yourself with the internet allowance, it’s all transferred ‘internally’, that’s why it’s called a Local Area Network.

dawood 10:18 AM 15 May 11

Yep, the file transfer traffic is between you home PCs only without involving access to Internet. In order to prove this, you can disconnect Internet connection cable and then test the local file transfer between home PCs, it will still work.

Hope this helps.

dawood http://www.home-network-help.com

ashleycardwell94 20:03 PM 27 May 11

ic of 40gb is nothing to worry about. its probably way too much for what you use the internet for. if there are any cheaper packages available. consider them. Unless you watch TV online and play online games, you couldnt possibly reach it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued