PC to PC to Laptop Network

Kathryno 20:02 18 Jan 03
  Kathryno 20:02 18 Jan 03

i want to network a pc with win98 another with win 98 and a latop with win95. We have a broadband connection. The pc's could be wired but the laptop would have ot be wireless. What stuff would we need? Ta

jazzypop 20:11 18 Jan 03

As you are running W98 and W95, I would recommend a Wireless router, and wireless network adaptors for all 3 PCs.

You may have to go with internal (PCI) wireless adaptors for the desktops, as I am guessing that you will not have many spare USB ports on the desktop PCs. You may have slight problems finding a wireless adaptor with W95 drivers - just check carefully before you buy.

The BB connection will plug into the router, and then each PC will communicate via radio waves with the router. Make sure you specify either an ADSL or Cable router, depending on your type of BB connection.

Linksys, Netgear or Belkin are all suitable suppliers.

Kathryno 15:18 19 Jan 03

If i were to wire the pc's would that make it more conplicated? It seems to be cheaper wired. Kathryn

jazzypop 17:09 19 Jan 03

Not at all. It's the same process, but you use a standard (not wireless) router, standard network cards, and standard Ethernet cable.

It is more expensive for wireless (for now). My guess is that it won't be in a few years time.

Kathryno 17:28 19 Jan 03

Ok thx for your help. Cheers, Kathryn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…