PC partlly hangs whilst working

naggis 15:25 21 Jan 05

Whilst I am working on the pc it will partly hang. I can close a program or work on an open program. But I can't open a new program or sent an email. Ctrl, Alt, Delete doesn't work either. The only way to fix is to force a reboot. This has happened a few times recently. The pc runs xp with sp1 and has been clean reinstalled in the last week to try and sort the problem but nogo.
Has anyone any ideas please?

Totally-braindead 16:50 21 Jan 05

If you've done a clean install and it still happens then you're left with 2 possible problems either 1 some of the components inside your computer are faulty/developing a fault or 2 overheating. Does this problem appear after you've been on for a while. If the answer is yes then I'd check to see what the temperature is on your pc and make sure the fans are all working.

naggis 17:09 21 Jan 05

totally braindead Yes it does happen after running for some time so perhaps it is temperature related. How do I check the temperature?

VoG II 17:10 21 Jan 05

MBM Monitor click here

naggis 20:01 21 Jan 05

VoG Have downloaded MBM but it does not seem to support my Foxconn motherboard. Are there any others which may?

naggis 09:04 22 Jan 05

Have downloaded Hmonitor which is compatible. But now the problem is to interpret the findings. Mainboard seems ok at 43C but CPU 2 is 117.7C which seems high but hey what do I know. Can anybody help please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…