PC For the partially sighted

DUMBNUT 15:15 19 Oct 04

After putting on enlarged stickers on keyboard for my partially sighted sister (no mean feat), can any give us advice on other goods available to aid pc browsing? Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

Dumbnut

JonnyTub 15:17 19 Oct 04

some excellent products from here click here i have used them before for my youngest sister who has sight problems.

JonnyTub 15:19 19 Oct 04

try again click here

SEASHANTY 15:41 19 Oct 04

The Mozilla Firefox browser lets you increase text
size in increments simply by holding down CTRL and
keying the + and similarly decreasing again by holding down CTRL and repeatedly keying the - the
range is far greater than using I.E.6. The Firefox
browser (only 4.6MB) can be downloaded from
click here

Urotsukidoji 16:55 19 Oct 04

in windows XP
start>control panel>accessability options>high contrast settings and/or magnifier.

its all in the box if you look for it

recap 16:59 19 Oct 04

SuperNova software has been designed for the partially sighted. It is an excellent package, we use it here at work for our disabled clients. click here

spuds 17:14 19 Oct 04

Keyboards click here Links for other services click here

Meshuga 21:04 19 Oct 04

You can enlarge the desktop icons if that will help.Post back if you can`t do that and I`ll post info. Meshuga.

DUMBNUT 22:12 19 Oct 04

A Big thanks to all who replied. It's very much appreciated.

Dumbnut

DUMBNUT 03:15 21 Oct 04

If anyone elde has a similar problem, i would recommend Mozilla Firefox, excellent at increasing text size.

Dumbnut

Stuartli 10:39 21 Oct 04

Windows contains a useful range of aids for those with disabilities, including the Magnifier, OnScreen Keyboard and Narrator via Start>Programs>Accessories.

You can also permanently increase text sizes, use large icons etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…