PC order cancelled, but company despatched anyway

dralend 18:38 01 Apr 08

Hi,

I'm new to the Boards. I've got a problem, that's doubtless not unique, but on a quick search under 'PC order cancellation' on the forums I couldn't see any relevant posts.

Well, sorry if this is all too familiar: I placed an order on 12/13 March for a custom built PC, with a target date for delivery of 20 March. This wasn't met, but was perfectly understandable and had an email from the company saying to expect delivery after Easter. I thought that meant the week of 24-28 (last week). It didn't arrive by last Friday and I had a couple of difficult and frustrating conversations with the company.
This morning around 9.30pm I cancelled my order via email both to the address given for cancellations, and the owners address and the other one the company supplies. I also went on to something called livechat to say the order was cancelled. I didn't phone the company, but there is nothing in its T&C's to say cancellations should be confirmed over the phone.

Unfortunately, the company went ahead and despatched my order at around 4pm this afternoon. I no longer want it and in the cancellation emails I asked for a refund. What's the position? BTW I copied my home email into my cancellation emails.

Dan

birdface 19:03 01 Apr 08

I don't know what the Law is in this case.I would imagine that if you were going to cancel that maybe you should have given them more notice particularly as it was being custom built.If they do deliver it,I would hold on to it.As your chancer of getting a refund don't look very good to me.This is only my opinion and know nothing of any laws regarding this.The best of luck I hope that you get your refund.

dralend 19:10 01 Apr 08

Thanks Buteman. You don't sound very optimistic. However, this was a bit of panic on my part, and has just been resolved by the company owner calling me to say no probs on cancelling and that he'll try to stop the courier delivering or I can refuse it and it will go back to the company. The refund is minus £30+VAT for labour and restocking the parts, but carriage will I think be refunded.
Well if all goes as discussed then I'm back to fully recommending them again.

2bathred 19:15 01 Apr 08

A good place to find out what is what re cancellation or return of goods is click here
Seems like you have a fair solution tho'. Why don't you want to keep it? after all the hassle you have what you ordered.

dralend 19:28 01 Apr 08

@2bathred - just 'consumeritis' and a worry about RAID 0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced