PC Opens in Power Saving Mode

Ventad 11:43 AM 01 Dec 11

Just had a phone call from sister-in-law she has turned on computer and it says "in power saving mode" "press any key" she does this and nothing happens. I got her to try turning off and going into safe mode by tapping f8 but she says it still goes straight into power saving mode, even got her to try opening task manager to no-avail. Thought I would ask the forum before I pop over after lunch to have a go, any thoughts would be helpful at the moment.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:36 PM 01 Dec 11

Desktop or laptop?

Make / model?

operating system?

Power off at socket + remove battery if laptop

reboot machine

if it now starts then Go to Control Panel > Power Options and set 'Turn off monitor' 'Turn off Hard drive' to never press OK.

Ventad 12:39 PM 01 Dec 11

I have in the meantime looked on the forum for the same type of thread and did not realise that this appears to be happening to a lot of machines so will try some of these ideas out. Should have used my brain instead of my fingers to ask the question first.

Ventad 12:44 PM 01 Dec 11

sorry Fruit Bat /\0/\

the only thing I know is that it is a desktop, tried asking other questions but it will be easier to go and see myself, I will take my display with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know