PC opens in Excel

TommyRed 16:34 01 Mar 04

Whenever my friend opens up her PC after all the usual gumf has loaded it opens excel. What could be causing it? She has XP Home. TIA TR

AndyJ 17:13 01 Mar 04

Click on the Start button the Programs and look for Startup. If Excel is listed in there remove it.

TommyRed 18:34 01 Mar 04

I'll leave this open for anymore suggestions. If I'm going over to sort it out, I'll want a few things to try. Thanks for your suggestion AndyJ. TR

VoG II 18:40 01 Mar 04

If it's not in the Startup folder, run MSCONFIG and look for it (excel.exe) on the Startup tab. Untick it if it is there.

TommyRed 21:58 03 Mar 04

There was quite a lot of stuff in StartUp, mainly MS office type bits I unchecked them and it seems to have resolved it. I should have known to look in there, duh. AndyJ thanks for the reply but it appears the problem was in msconfig. Thanks all, TR.

VoG II 22:02 03 Mar 04

The mystery is how it got there in the first place! As far as I know there is no option in Excel or Office to run automatically on startup. :o(

Still, as long as it's fixed :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…