Pc only boots to m/board screen

dinki 08:36 28 May 08

I turned my pc off last night and this morning I have gone to boot it up and its not going past my m/board screen I cant even get into the setup as it seems to have frozen Please can anyone Help!!!!!

lotvic 08:45 28 May 08

switch it off by holding in the Power button on the pc for about 5-10 seconds (until it powers off)
Unplug from wall socket.
Now check all the leads are firmly in and inside the pc check ram and all cards etc are firmly seated (take out and reseat them) check that all fans are working.
Plug back in wall socket and switch on
reboot and see if now works.

lotvic 08:49 28 May 08

ps. (lol) check the fans after you reboot (of course)

lotvic 21:43 29 May 08

received by email
""....Don't have a clue why that worked and really dont care. Many many thanks Dinki""

Glad pc is up and running again Dinki. It was prob something worked loose in it's socket. It happens - usually it's the ram - all that hotting up and cooling down causes a bit of movement. Or it could just have been keyboard or mouse that got knocked out a bit.
It's best just to check everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…