PC occasionally wont log off/switch off

Tenacious Green 11:03 16 Nov 04

My 3 month old Mesh AMD 64 has twice in the last week failed to switch off or log off from desktop. It does not hang and I am able to select icons from desktop and do everything as normal except switch off/log off.

Ctrl/alt/delete shows nothing running and event viewer shows the problem as a warning, not an error. The Microsoft link in Event viewer explains how to switch off - soft shutdown or hard shutdown, but states that there is no known knowledge base.

I have searched forum and found some info but, nothing that seems relevant. The last program installed prior to this first happening was upgrade to AVG7 free.

Any Ideas.

Sethhaniel 11:09 16 Nov 04

as sometimes they are known to stop computer shutting down - especially 'Memory Sticks'

Tenacious Green 11:12 16 Nov 04

The only ones that are permanently attached are my printer and dsl modem which have always been attached and nvere caused any problems. I occasionall attach a camera and Joystick, but neither of these had been used when this problem occurred.

Tenacious Green 17:29 16 Nov 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…