PC not recognising some DVDs

Trikie 15:50 PM 28 Jul 11

I've used Serif MoviePlus to edit camcorder videos onto DVDs. These play on both the PC and separate DVD players.

I have also used a Toshiba VHS/DVD player-recorder to transfer older vdeos from VHS to DVD. These play on the separate DVD players but the PC does not recognise them. They have all been finalised - is there anything else I can do as I want to re-edit them using something better than the linear editor that I used to produce the VHS tapes.

I appreciate the quality will be less than perfect but they have a lot of family history on them.

eedcam 19:07 PM 28 Jul 11

Think you have recorded in VR mode as opposed to dvd video check your tosh's manual and settings. You may be able to extract for free using Isobuster http://www.smart-projects.net/cdrecovery.php

If not google playing VR on the pc there will be other stuff out there . Next time make a dvd video Ha!

Trikie 22:41 PM 28 Jul 11

Thanks eedcam. Once I've got this old VHS (actually S-VHS) into the PC and re-edited them I will use the the PC to make the final DVD.

Unfortunately since copying them via the Toshiba the S-VHS player has expired so all I've got now is the VR disk.

I've bought Pinnacle MovieBox which should transfer VR to PC but am having problems with that. It's the subject of a thread on the Pinnacle forum.

Where would we be without forums??

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites