pc not powering usb keyboard

lister86 19:15 01 Jul 12

hi i wonder if anyone can help. I turned my pc on the other day hasnt been on for a week an i got a screen saying overclocking failed changed back to default setting i habe never overclocked my pc so i found this strange but since i have got this screen i havent been able to get past it has my usb keyboard isnt powering up i had microsoft razor keyboard an a logitech mouse in which neither were working bought a new keyboard an mouse an the new mouse works but the new keyboard doesnt both usb.Any one able to help with this problem?

rdave13 19:27 01 Jul 12

Sounds as you bought a PC that was over-clocked originally? My gut feeling is to reset the bios to default.

difarn 19:36 01 Jul 12

Have you tried plugging the usb keyboard into another usb port?

When you installed the keyboard did you plug it in before your booted up or afterwards? Try both ways.

Are you saying that the error message is giving you an option to change it back to default settings but you cannot action this as you have no keyboard?

This message can occur simply because there may be a hardware conflict for some reason - it doesn't necessarily refer to clocking.

Have you got an old keyboard you can try?

woodchip 19:55 01 Jul 12

first try resetting bios usb settings, other is have you reset the usb receiver and keyboard using button on receiver and bottom of keyboard

rdave13 20:09 01 Jul 12

woodchip ,long time no see. Hope you're well.

woodchip 20:30 01 Jul 12

Just about, getting creekear. but still ticking over

Terry Brown 20:48 01 Jul 12

Can you get into device manager?

Easy access: Windows Key + break key

Select Hardware then Device Manager

Scroll down to the Keybords and mouse settings and check for Yellow Question marks,if found right click and uninstall.

select any device and from the top line and select Action- Scan for hardware.

This will re-install any duff software settings and should cure the problem.

Terry

lister86 21:17 01 Jul 12

rdave13 the computers custom built so was never overclocked.

Have you tried plugging the usb keyboard into another usb port? yes tryed all usb ports. When you installed the keyboard did you plug it in before your booted up or afterwards? Try both ways.did it both ways nothing

Are you saying that the error message is giving you an option to change it back to default settings but you cannot action this as you have no keyboard? yes says press del to go to come screen an press f11 to go to bios screen but unable to due to know keyboard working

This message can occur simply because there may be a hardware conflict for some reason - it doesn't necessarily refer to clocking.

Have you got an old keyboard you can try? i tryed an old psu keyboard an i tryed 2 usb keyboards nothing working

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4153695/pc-not-powering-usb-keyboard/#ixzz1zP6YLCKy

rdave13 21:32 01 Jul 12

lister86 , that last link isn't helpful to you or the people that try to help regardless how piqued you are about this problem. Try device manager, find the keyboard and roll back the driver. Uninstall the Logitek driver for the mouse and reboot.

difarn 22:29 01 Jul 12

Can I ask...

Did you try to get into Device Manager as suggested in previous posts?

Are you plugging the usb directly into a port or are you using a usb extension cable? If you are using a cable disconnect and plug directly into a port.

Do you have anything else using usb plugged in? If so unplug them.

Have you been able to try your keyboard on another PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…