PC not powering HD

Driftfog 18:36 11 Apr 11

Hi all, Ive been lurking here for months and finally signed up to ask my own question. I have an ixtreme desktop pc win7, intel core 2 processor, NVIDIA gt320 Vid card, 1TG, 4 gig DDR3 ram. The problem I have been experiencing is when starting up, for a while it took up to 20 minutes before anything was showing on the screen then ran for hours on end no problem, the last couple of days I have to start it 8 or more times as only the fans operate and nothing from the HD or from the flashing light indicating its working. I am suspicious its the PSU but not sure as worried it could be the motherboard, with penny's tight and the fact I like the win7 and this system as it does me for what I need I am hoping for a cheap fix. I am not an expert far from it but I dont mind getting in and learning, oh the system is dust free as I check every few months.

Thanks for any help. Ste

woodchip 18:48 11 Apr 11

Yes sounds like the PSU is on its way out or its not up to the job, needs one with more Watts and better quality

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 11 Apr 11

try swapping the power connection to the HDD if you have a spare from the PSU.

they are often run from two different lines in the PSU.

wee eddie 20:54 11 Apr 11

Are you getting a 'Beep' when you turn the System on?

Driftfog 21:11 11 Apr 11

Thanks guys, I will try the suggestions tomorrow, and no beeps at all from the system. Ste

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Illustrator Rachel Lillie discusses how she draws, and the beauty of quietness

macOS Sierra vs Windows 10 comparison: Apple and Microsoft's latest OS releases go head to head |…