pc not keeping date/time

SHARON B 19:04 02 Sep 03

have a friends pc at the moment, have formatted & reinstalled everything for her , however, one thing v.puzzling - the pc only keeps time when switched on - have changed battery , but no no effect . any thoughts ?

da vej 19:51 02 Sep 03

im having same problem let us know if you get a soloution i posted my forum 2/09/03 about 7.45

SHARON B 15:24 03 Sep 03

have checked all contacts as you suggested seekit - all appears ok, def not battery as have tried in my pc and is fine there ... any further suggestions welcome , would it do any harm just to leave if unable to rectify ? ie if it is the actual connection to mobo that is damaged in some way ?

rioboy 15:59 03 Sep 03

Do you know the make and model of the motherboard SHARON B?

SHARON B 16:49 03 Sep 03

Rioboy....
Not sure make/model..is a packard bell executive multimedia.it will be about 6/7 yrs old at least
have had a good look at mobo & cant see a name anyway

there is a bar code type strip on it though - 2 of them with what appears to be serial nos of some kind
BFOR71816696
and 6708710100

there is also the following actually stamped on mobo next to barcodes F139761

it doesnt even say when it powers up what type mobo (mine does, bu is much newer)
thanx in advance

rioboy 17:07 03 Sep 03

Based on that info my remedy won't work. The reason I was asking is that there is a known problem with the Elite K7S5A motherboards when used with an Athlon XP chip.

Unless someone can come up with a solution, and the only problem is the date/time changing,I'd be inclined to live with it.

SHARON B 21:30 04 Sep 03

im inclined to agree with you there !

thanks for your input.... sharon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…