PC not downloading CSS sheets? Please Help

Evostance 19:24 11 Oct 07

Ok my PC doesnt seem to be wanting to run CSS.

Im using Windows Vista Ultimate with Zone Alarm Free and AVG.

Ive disabled both of them and tried but it doesnt work, and ive also tried using Opera, FireFox and IE and they still have the problem

Here is an example of the problem:
click here

Note that it only does this randomly on some sites whenever it wants, PC Advisor is fine.

Another problem is that sometimes it says the website cannot be found when I know it does. (google for example) THe favicon icon loads but not the site so something is defo wrong

"You tried to access the address click here, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."

Can anyone help me, its really starting to bug me.

You can download my DXDIAG from here click here

brundle 20:44 11 Oct 07

Odd problem, but sounds like filtering or MTU issue.
How do you connect to the net? ADSL, cable, modem, router, wired or wireless?

Evostance 20:45 11 Oct 07

Its wireless. With Be Internet 24mb using the bebox or the speedtouch 780

brundle 20:52 11 Oct 07

Have you tried connecting via a cable, if so is there any difference?

Evostance 20:53 11 Oct 07

Yep, no-one else seems to have this problem though

Evostance 20:54 11 Oct 07

Its doesnt happen all the time either, its just random

brundle 20:57 11 Oct 07

OK, I solved a problem with my Vista laptop at work that stumped me for weeks earlier by turning off Vista's TCP auto-tuning feature. Maybe it will work for you;

Go to Start Menu/Accessories/Command Prompt, right click and select Run As Admin

Issue the following command at the command prompt;

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

If it makes no difference try a reboot.

Evostance 01:29 12 Oct 07

Nope this hasn't worked. :(

brundle 14:16 12 Oct 07

Uninstall ZA and try, it's not enough just to disable it. Download the latest one here for re-installation click here

Evostance 15:53 12 Oct 07

Already tried it lol, Doesnt work

brundle 17:30 12 Oct 07

So using a cable connection makes no difference right? Have you tried a small live-CD and a cable connection (more likely that a live CD will find the right driver) to check if the problem is with Vista?
DSL is small but still has plenty of h/w support; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…