PC not booting up

For some reason my PC has decided to stop boot up.
It seems to power up OK but that's it - there's no beep from the motherboard and nothing else happens.

All I've done is open up the PC to check whether there are any obviously loose connections (there don't appear to be). I'm no expert so any suggestions would be helpful.

For information, this is my 'old' PC with an ASUS motherboard, 1.3 Athlon processor running Windows ME.

Thanks

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:35 06 Nov 04

Try this. Tap F8 when starting the computer. When a boot menu appears, select command prompt only. Type scanreg/restore. Choose a good registry backup file that predates this problem.

THE TERMINATOR 23:45 06 Nov 04

Have you checked in BIOS(press DEL at bootup)to see if it is reading your hard drive? You say you have checked your drive connections, but have you got a dodgy cable? Try replacing the one with the drive on it....TT

JaßîsFaß ˜ 11:48 06 Dec 04

Have you got boot problem resolved?

Oops...forgot I left this problem open!

But just as an update, I couldn't get anything up on screen at all so couldn't check BIOS settings etc. In the end, I removed and replaced the hard drive/graphics card/RAM and this did actually do the trick as the PC did then boot up.

Hasn't happened again since so can only put it down to a dodgy connection somewhere.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:14 06 Dec 04

OK but you still need to tick resolved. This has to be done as a separate action to that of adding a response.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:15 06 Dec 04

Oops - you did, got confused with another thread I was just looking at. Apols.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…