pc non starter

clapped 10:48 18 Oct 05

Hi peeps i have a big problem when i turn on my pc the fans start up and lights come on but nothing else not even bios on screen mon okay grafics ok psu okay any ideas? thanks.regards
clapped.

wee eddie 10:54 18 Oct 05

Any notice on the screen - such as "no signal"?

clapped 10:55 18 Oct 05

no nothing

clapped 10:58 18 Oct 05

I tried resetting the bios and replacing batt but still nothing.

Methedrine 12:09 18 Oct 05

Obvious, I know but make sure the monitor is plugged in and switched on, make sure graphics card is seated correctly (if it's a pci or agp card). Make sure monitor lead doesn't have a bent pin and is connected securely.

DieSse 12:21 18 Oct 05

Disconnect the system from the mians - take out eack plug-in item in turn, and refit, making sure they're pushed well home into their sockets.

First - RAM
Next - Graphics card, is there is one
Next - other cards
Last Processor.

A variety of things can cause these symptoms, including dud RAM and motherboard - the only way to prove what it is is by substitution.

jack 14:09 18 Oct 05

Tried all the above!
But you say nothing on Screen
How then do you know the items mentioned are OK?
If it is a CRT monitor go to each of the brightness/contrast/other variac controls and give each a little 'twitch'
When these rotary controls are set in one place for a long time - the contacts will 'burn' themselves
out.A small shift to a new spot is often enough to bring all back to life.

clapped 16:28 18 Oct 05

because they are fine on the pc i am using now.

jack 17:39 18 Oct 05

So you tried the bits on another machine -fine
What about the Monitor? read the rest of the response

wee eddie 19:26 18 Oct 05

I think that this points us to a faulty MoBo

clapped 20:33 18 Oct 05

21" tft working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…