PC to Minidisc

youngbob 23:12 10 May 04

I was wondering if their is a way of recording tracks from my PC to the minidisc recorder on my Hi-fi? (the cd player isn't working).At the moment I only have onboard sound so I realise an upgrade may be required. If so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hugh-265156 23:21 10 May 04

use a 3mm to 3mm jack lead from your soundcard or onboard sound line out to the minidisc players line in.

play on computer and record on minidisc.

maybe.i dont have a minidisc player but i guess thats how you would do it.

hugh-265156 23:24 10 May 04

sorry if its a full size minidisc seperate etc it will more than likely use a phono connection.

3mm jack to 2x phono lead then (minidisc lead)

MIke 23:42 10 May 04

Or if you want get a netmd walkman like click here

As long as your hifi minidisc is MDLP as recording to the netmd walkman via a pc can only be done in LP2 and LP4 modes. It's pretty quick too. I got one.

GRFT 09:25 11 May 04

Check if your sound card has a an S/PDIF output. If your MD Deck has a digital input socket then that would be the best way to record to minidisc. You will, of course need a coax digital connecting cable.

GRFT 09:34 11 May 04

Sorry, I'll read that again - if you only have onboard sound then it's highly unlikely you'll have what I'm talking about.

youngbob 20:11 12 May 04

Thanks for your help (I'll pick up a lead at the weekend). If the lead works, how do I then proceed to record the tracks?

GRFT 10:04 15 May 04

Hi, youngbob, just connect the cable between the line out socket of your sound card and the "In" socket of your MD deck. Put the deck into the "record" mode and start playing back the tracks from the PC you want to record. Hope you have the correct termination cable as in my experience MD decks have phono sockets for analogue in and out. In which case you'd want 3.5mm stereo jack for the PC and two phono jacks at the other end for the deck. Best of luck.

Arthur Scrimshaw 10:18 15 May 04

You can buy a bit of kit from Sony which plugs into a USB port. Mine is a PCLK-MN10 but I think there is a more current version.

It outputs in both analogue and optical digital. It's not a cheap solution but it keeps the recording in the digital domain rather than converting it to an analogue recording. (That way the sound should be better and you keep the track information)

It also enables you to convert mp3 files into the ATRAC minidisc format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…