PC mechanics

joe95 14:19 04 Oct 03

Hi
I have had a PC for 5yrs now and am well past the novice stage and I am shortly going to buy a new one.My problems is that over the years I haven't learnt much about solving problems ie mouse won't work adding memory etc. and have to keep asking friends are there aany books or courses that don't cost an arm or leg to try.
thanks joe

mark500 14:24 04 Oct 03

You don't need books or courses,you have The Net. There is no better learning resource available. Everything you need to know will be there. Just type your search and take your pick.

johnnyrocker 14:27 04 Oct 03

you could try the hp website they have free on line tutorials under hp learning centre.

cheers.

johnny.

woodchip 15:10 04 Oct 03

Books have been my best source of learning, whether for Computers, Building industry over the years, and repairing cars etc. You can use the library but I have an expensive bookshelf. For Computers "Bigelow's Troubleshooting, Maintaining & Repairing PC's" with a CD" $59.99

Jester2K II 15:28 04 Oct 03

You be able to solve most problems by asking here.

As time goes by you'll learning more and more. Just browse threads that look interesting and I'm sure you'll be learning before you know it!!

spuds 15:38 04 Oct 03

I tend to find that the local public library is a good starting point.Most libraries have a order/transfer scheme, where they can obtain other books from other libraries and sources, should they not have a particular book in stock, that you may want.For the latest books on most computer subject, have a browse at the selection available in most PC World stores. PCW have regular discount sales on books, so wait before you purchase.

dave h 16:20 04 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…