PC Mayhem

andreas.kreouzos 15:14 03 Mar 14

Hello guys,

it's my first post here and I have some problems with my PC.

1. When I press the power button, the PC starts and repeats a "restart" procedure 3 times before entering the bios message screens. Even if I press the reset button during these 3-times procedure, the result remains the same. When that finishes, the pc remains stable in black screen and the fans work like hell at full speed. Only then, I have to press the reset button to enter the windows normally.

2. Ok I managed to get in Windows. Now a second problem occurs with the sound of the system. When I am hearing music and scroll down with my mouse wheel at windows explorer, or on the internet and even when I zoom into a picture, the sounds come all damaged. It doesn't matter what software I am using since I tried everything. The sound comes with cuts which is very annoying.

3. I have also big problems with my USB ports. When I plug a USB stick, suddenly the PC stops the function with my USB external HDD. The same thing may happen with my external sound card. You can't be sure what will stop each time. I have noticed this problem even when Windows starts with a message that says "Unknown USB Device: Windows can't read this device. Plug it again and if problems occurs, replace the device."

As I mentioned the Unknown Device can refer to the following devices: i. The external myPassport HDD ii. The external sound card (MOTU Microbook II) iii. My LaserJet 1022 printer iv. The card reader which is attached on the PC and pluged on motherboard

The first time I faced these problems I managed to solve them by opening the PC case and cleaning its interior from dust with a spray cleaner. I did this again but now nothing happens. What now???

My motherboard is "GIGABYTE GA-P31-DS3L" and 45nm CPU SUPPORT FSB1333 DDRII1066 with the latest updates.

wee eddie 15:35 03 Mar 14

First: Disconnect everything and try again.

Second: Check that all Cards are firmly pushed into position

Graphicool1 16:28 03 Mar 14

Have you tried a System Restore to back before all this started?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…