PC Make Case Fan, Mini ITX IO size, Optical Drive.

RJA2409 20:49 PM 24 Mar 11

I have posted elsewhere but this seems like a better place I am building a pc from scratch I have built the pc case and now am looking at parts (on the cheap) i am not sure if i need a case fan my pc case is 24 by 18.3 by 14 and these are the parts:

4GB CF Compact Flash Memory Card
Compact Flash to SATA Converter Adapter
Intel D410PT Desktop Motherboard - Intel Chipset
LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Black - OEM
New Mini ITX PC DC-DC Power Supply Board 120W PSU 12V
Novatech 1GB (1x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5400C4 667MHz Single Channel Kit

finally can anyone provide with sizes for the i/o shield and will my pc parts boot off usb as I will not get the optical drive (being cheap and never use the one in my laptop!)

Terry Brown 10:37 AM 27 Mar 11

Being as you want to build a low cost system, and you already have the case, I would suggest a motherboard bundle like click here as it is all assembled and tested as well as being optimised to work together.

You will still need to get a PSU (Power Supply) and DVD drive.

If the USB has the operating system on it, it should (no guarrantees) boot from there.

Terry

RJA2409 21:20 PM 28 Mar 11

thanks to both of you for the replies and links currently i am looking at mini itx and have not found a bundle for under 100 pound of this size and with passive cooling

wee eddie 22:05 PM 28 Mar 11

That there is not sufficient height for a "Full Sized" Graphics Card!

RJA2409 23:39 PM 28 Mar 11

This is literally the smallest pc i can build that it why i have made my own pc case as none on the market are small enough i am looking to build a pc for under 100 pounds and it consist of a passive cooler if you could help with i/o shield size or weather i would need a pc case fan. Finally you could also help me with cheaper parts.

This is not a high performance gaming rig just a simple web browser linux based system

RJA2409 22:11 PM 29 Mar 11

Sorry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites