pc loops

hgrock 17:42 07 Jul 08

when i start the PC i get the black screen start in safe mode along with other options, but nomatter what optiop i choose the PC just loops back to the original black screen with the same options safe mode etc, has anyone has a similar problem? am trying to avoid a reinstall and reformat can anyone help. thanks
george

crosstrainer 17:44 07 Jul 08

Do you by any chance have a wireless keyboard?

If so, tapping the F8 key may not be recognised.

Try and get hold of a cabled keyboard, which should get you access to safe mode. Some USB keyboards can refuse to log keystrokes as well, so better off with a PS2 variety if you can borrow one.

hgrock 17:48 07 Jul 08

no it is just a normal keyboard and the keystrokes is recognised because i get windows starting then it stops and gore bact to the original screed

Technotiger 18:15 07 Jul 08

I sorted out a friends PC (XP) a little while ago which had a very similar loop problem. Rather a strange 'fix' - I noticed that he had his printer switched on, I turned off the printer and XP loaded fully with no loop! Don't ask me how though, I was not expecting that to happen!

Technotiger 18:16 07 Jul 08

PS - he has had no problems since.

woodchip 18:28 07 Jul 08

As above remove any USB hardware from sockets. then try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…