pc locks up when a web site is selected

highside 16:45 26 Oct 03

Win ME, 667 Mhz PC, 12Gb HD free, 128Mb RAM.
Freeserve, Int Exp 6, plus upgrades.
Perhaps coincidental but since changing to Freesereve Any Time from Sky Now, I always get online OK but when I select an address in freeserve or Google the pc freezes up.
Control/alt/del sometimes unlocks the PC but it will be neccasary to switch off the mains supply and start again to clear the net problem. Usually all will then then be ok for as long as the online session lasts until I start from cold again when this painful procedure has to be repeated.
NB I tried removing all unnecassary programmes, cleaning all rubbish also did a clean reinstall of windows.
I use McAfee Firewall and antivirus software.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted Thank You
highside.

dfghjkl 22:10 26 Oct 03

it may be a long shot but is your power supply under too much load or on its way out?i had similar probs when psu was on the blink

woodchip 22:15 26 Oct 03

This is strange, as I downloaded a Netscape7.1 update last night and connected OK then the comp locked up when trying to connect to Webb page I tried this twice but finished reloading Image to clear the new download and reinstall the old. How many times this must have happened to others.

highside 12:28 07 Dec 03

Question now resolved but henks for replies.
Answer came from freeserve when I e mailed them.
By clearing cookies (disk cleanup etc) each time I have used the net this problem does not occur.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5