PC Loading & restarting, loading & restarting HELP

Chris-190573 20:30 25 Jun 05

Hello,

My PC was fine last night then when i came to turn it on this afternoon it boots up to just before the windows 2000 logo page comes up it restarts itself, It continues to do this on a loop and i left it for over an hour with no change.

Does anyone know what may be the problem and how i may be able to stop it?

The RAM is 256 and it has a 30gb harddish which is less than half used.

If there is anything else you need to know just ask

I hope someone can offer some help

Chris

sil_ver 22:58 25 Jun 05

Could be a driver problem. Have you tried booting into 'Safe mode'

griffon 56 23:13 25 Jun 05

Hi Chris,

Could be a corruption of the BIOS. At the power on self test stage press DEL or whatever key the screen advises to bring up the BIOS editor. Enter each page and set them all to default. Save to CMOS and exit. If the machine now boots up OK you'll probably find it won't work as well as it did. Restart, go into the BIOS again and reset each page to 'optimum' or 'setup' values. Save and exit again and see what happens.

If you've got separate access to the net go to click here and have a look at the title captioned 'BIOS Tools'. There might be something there to help.

It might also be a failing BIOS battery allowing a corruption to occur. Best of luck.

Chris-190573 22:18 03 Jul 05

Many thanks but nothing seemed to work so i just bought a new PC!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…