pc lcd tv connection with hdmi

discohue 14:35 19 May 08

hi,any help would be appreciated.have just bought an hdmi dvi cable for pc display on my sony 32" lcd.problem is the display is NOT as good as my vga dvi connection(which is superb anyway i might add.) thing is,shouldnt the hdmi connection be of better quality than the vga?
thank you.

Ditch999 15:01 19 May 08

You need to make sure the resolution output from your PC matches the resolution of the TV or is very close to it eg 1366 x 768. The HDMI interface will probably be the same quality but it also transmits audio which is the big benefit of it.

Stuartli 15:12 19 May 08

Some info on HDMI interfacing:

click here

discohue 15:52 19 May 08

hi ditch999,yeah ,have tried that and a whole other assortment of resolutions and settings within my graphics card but no differance.it's not that picture is terrible,it's just not as clear(text a bit blurry) and natural looking(easy on the eye) as vga connection. its just that i was expecting an outstanding display with it being hdmi though.

Stuartli 19:40 19 May 08

Have you selected HDMI from your TV's menu to display signals from equipment connected with this cable to your Sony?

discohue 20:09 19 May 08

hi stuartli, there are no hdmi options within my menu settings with my sony lcd.think it must just work automatically.on another forum someone has mentioned about hdmi cables downgrading resolution as an anti piracy feature.you ever heard of this?

Stuartli 21:05 19 May 08

No.

People who are really, really serious about high definition connections for their top class HD TVs and associated equipment use cables that can cost up to four figures for an individual lead!

My own TV has the menu I mentioned, even though most Scart connected items do work automatically such as a VCR which triggers the analogue channel to display its output.

However, the PC and HDMI connections are usually created using the menu, although I've used neither of them to date.

woodchip 21:14 19 May 08

DVI Nor does HDMI from Computer carry sound, you need to connect audio if you want Computer Sound through TV

woodchip 21:16 19 May 08

I have a 32"LCD connected to a Desktop running XP picture is not the same quality as Monitor, Black text if viewing PCA forum shows as colour blead through

discohue 21:39 19 May 08

hi,sound isnt of concearn to me regarding hdmi(i have an external amp and speakers connected to soundcard).getting back to display quality issue, i reckon its maybe just that my lcd tv is suited more to the vga connection.its the only thing i can think of ,unless somebody knows differant.

woodchip 23:27 19 May 08

Mine is connected from DVI to HDMI on TV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017