PC and laptop network setup

fatherted33 20:52 12 Feb 06

I've got a PC running Windows 98 and I want to make the PC and the printers I've connected to it visible to my wireless enabled laptop.

I know I'll be able to share my internet connection by using a NIC card on the PC and wirelessly with the laptop. But, will I be able to setup a network ? There is no mention on my '98 PC of 'wireless' or 'remote' connections from what I can see under the Control Panel.

What (if any) are my options ?

Thanks

mgmcc 08:08 13 Feb 06

<<< I know I'll be able to share my internet connection by using a NIC card on the PC and wirelessly with the laptop >>>

If by this you mean that you can connect them both to a Wireless Broadband Router for internet access, then this does network them and you will be able to run File & Printer Sharing as well. There are no additional connections involved.

The Windows 98 PC will only be able to connect "wirelessly" if you install a Wireless Network Adapter (PCI card or USB), but there is no reason why the PC cannot connect by ethernet cable and the laptop wirelessly. They are still "networked".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac