Pc to Laptop

LAPTOPBABE 17:48 15 May 05

I want to connect my pc which is upstairs to a laptop which we want to use downstairs. We have AOL broadband gold connected to the PC by an external modem supplied by AOL. I have sent for a Belkin router and an internal network card for the PC, the Laptop which has not arrived yey is supposed to have one with it. Do I connect the two computers to file share first or do i do the internet bit first? cheers

Rogerfredo 18:24 15 May 05

After you've put the network card in the desktop pc, connect both the desktop and the laptop to the router with "straight through" cables.
Connect the router to the modem (Belkin instructions will show how).
Run the connection wizard on the server (desktop) machine, and use the floppy disc which gets prepared in the laptop.

LAPTOPBABE 18:38 15 May 05

Hi
What do you mean by straight through cables. If i am going wireless why are cables involved?

anchor 09:31 16 May 05

Try calling Belkin support in the UK.

00 800 2 2355460

Dial the complete number exactly as indicated, beginning with 00. Regardless of your location, do NOT drop the 00.

Alternatively, send your query from here:

click here

Rogerfredo 19:09 16 May 05

Sorry ,but you never said you were going wireless.

woodchip 19:21 16 May 05

You do not need to Network them just to share a Wireless Modem Router. I have two Desktops connected by Ethernet wires to Wireless Router Modem and a Wireless Laptop card so can go out in garden and play about 100ft away not tried how far. I can use one or all together. on BB

PS one desktop 98se laptop and other desktop XP home

woodchip 19:24 16 May 05

Just a point If you use Wireless and it also as Built in Ethernet, the Onboard Ethernet should be disabled in Device Manager otherwise you will have connection problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…