pc keyboard problems

david-213984 12:45 23 Jul 04

my pc frezzes when I touch the keyboard the mouse still works device man gives code 39 update or uninstall drivers done this no better installed a new keyboard/mouse same problem anyone got any ideas thanks

SANTOS7 12:52 23 Jul 04

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.
Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.
not sure if you have only tried updating drivers but maybe worth another go

david-213984 12:55 23 Jul 04

thanks santos I have already tried this option with no success

SANTOS7 13:11 23 Jul 04

have you scanned for possible spyware or virus or maybe try a different port for your keyboard

david-213984 13:16 23 Jul 04

yes I have scanned for spyware found some and removed scanned for virus none found however I have not tried the keyboard in a diffrent port as yet thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…